200 year old farmhouse refurbishment and remodel. A wonderful project to be involved in, working with our client to open up, remodel and insulate their existing dining and kitchen areas. We developed the initial concept scheme to;
– Open up the existing kitchen and dining room, working with engineers to hide a huge steel goal post frame to support the enormous existing chimney.
– Provide a new porch which was designed to increase the natural light into the existing kitchen, resulting in a huge improvement to the space.
– Replaced the existing single glazed windows to double glazed and converted some to door openings creating access to the courtyard off the new dining area, also added new Velux windows to the roof.
– Insulated the floor and roof to vastly improve the energy efficiency of the remodelled space.
– Delivered the design with the expertise of S Hopkins Builders and Kemp Kitchen Design Studio who really brought this project to life and made the process a seamless delivery experience for our client.
– Project completed with a very happy client and a stunning transformation.
We also used our understanding of permitted development regulations to deliver this project within the clients required timeline due to the delays with the local planning authority at the time.